Common Questions

Helpful information and where to get support.


Listed below are some of the common questions we are asked, and some answers that you may find useful.

I’ve received a letter for someone that does not live at my address, what shall I do?

The letter has been sent to your address on the instruction of our client.

To remove the address, you will need to provide us with proof of residency. This can be either a recent mortgage or council tax statement, tenancy agreement or a utility bill dated within the last 3 months.

Once received we will:

  1. notify our client to enable them to update their records
  2. remove your address meaning that you will receive no further letters or visits from us

Please be aware that if the documentation supplied is not clear we may need to contact you again to confirm the information.

Click here to send us an email with the information we need. You should attach photographs or scanned images of the supporting evidence.

Until we receive this information we must act on the instructions we have so please provide the information as soon as possible to avoid further inconvenience.

What can I do if I cannot afford to pay my debt in full?

Do not ignore the correspondence you have received from us – the problem will not go away and we can help explore your options to resolve.

If you are not able to pay the balance in full, you must contact us immediately on 0330 460 5295 (local rate) to discuss the payment options available to you and prevent further recovery action and additional costs.

Within the guidelines specified by our clients, we will work with you to agree a realistic payment arrangement based on an assessment of your circumstances.

Please be aware that payment arrangements are discretionary and failure to maintain the payment terms will result in further enforcement action.

I have already paid this debt, what can I do to stop this action?

If you believe that this matter relates to a debt that you have already paid please provide evidence of your payment to us as soon as possible so that we can stop further action.

We require a copy of the receipt which should show clearly the amount paid, payment reference and date of payment. You should also include any supporting information (method of payment, to whom and where payment was made) which will assist in resolving this matter quickly.

Evidence should be sent quoting your case reference, name and address to



Post: PO Box 58, Darlington, DL1 9AE

Please note that we may need to contact you further if the information provided is insufficient to confirm payment in respect of this specific debt and until we receive appropriate evidence we are required to continue recovery action.

I sold this vehicle before the offence took place, what shall I do?

To stop further action in relation to this matter you need to provide evidence of the vehicle sale to



Post: CDER Group, PO Box 58, Darlington, DL1 9AE

The evidence should include the following three documents:

  • DVLA confirmation of the date you ceased to be the Registered Keeper of the vehicle
  • Proof of sale (copy of receipt) to purchaser
  • Cancellation of insurance

If you are unable to provide one of the above documents please explain why and provide any other further supporting evidence you have.

I have never owned the vehicle which this debt relates to, what should I do?

We are acting on the instructions of our client. To prevent further action please provide confirmation from DVLA that you have never been the owner of the vehicle to which this debt relates.

DVLA contact details can be found on their website:

It is appreciated that this is an inconvenience however until DVLA confirmation is received we are required by our clients to continue recovery action.

I am the new owner of this vehicle and I am not liable for the debt, what shall I do?

Please provide us with a copy of the following documents:

  1. The full V5 DVLA registration document for the vehicle
  2. Proof of purchase (Policy Document)
  3. Road Tax
  4. Proof of insurance (Receipt)
  5. Audit trail showing transfer of funds
  6. Copy of sales advertisement for vehicle (if available)

These should be sent by email to

We may need to contact you if the information provided is unclear however in most circumstances we will be able to update the case immediately, stop recovery action in respect of the vehicle and notify our client so that they can update their records.

It is appreciated that this is an inconvenience however until evidence is received to confirm the change and timing of ownership we are required by our clients to continue recovery action, so please supply the information as soon as possible.

When will the Enforcement Agent attend my property?

Enforcement Agents may conduct visits between the hours of 6am and 9pm daily.

An Enforcement Agent will be scheduled to attend your property if you do not pay or contact us to arrange payment by the date stated in the Notice of Enforcement sent to you. This is known as the ‘compliance stage’ of recovery.

You will avoid additional fees being added to the amount outstanding (as detailed on the reverse of the Notice of Enforcement) if you resolve this matter before an Agent visits your property.

When do I need to make payment by?

You should pay the amount outstanding as soon as possible to avoid further fees being added.

You will find a ‘payment by date’ on the latest notification you have received from us. This will also tell you the balance outstanding and the various ways payment can be made.

This information, along with all case details, is available when you sign into the customer portal (click here) and you can make an online payment now using either a debit or credit card. You will need your CDER Group and Client references, which are shown on all communications received from us.

If you cannot find this information please call us on 0330 460 5295 (local rate) and one of our agents will be able to help you.

I cannot afford the instalment amount I agreed to pay, what can I do?

Please contact us immediately on 0330 460 5295 (local rate) to discuss the situation.

We appreciate that people’s circumstances can change and we will work with you to help identify repayment options to take these into account. Our Agents have access to information regarding relevant benefits you may be able to claim (Council Tax and Business Rate relief schemes) and can provide you with details of Debt and Welfare Support Agencies who will be able to provide specialist support.

You should not stop or reduce your payments without agreeing with us first as your case will be issued to an Enforcement Agent and further costs may be incurred.


For any other general enquiries or to request information about CDER Group or our services, please get in touch. Click the button below to see our contact details.